The MAP Randonneur Project is a traditionally inspired, light-weight randonneuring bicycle made for fast, long rides, mixed terrain, with self-sufficiency in mind. Fenders, bag supports, and lighting are considered an integral part of the frame design. Combining the best in modern materials, classic style, and proven randonneuring geometry, the frame, fork, and rack have been designed as a unit to go the distance without sacrificing comfort. Each bicycle is custom-sized to your specification. Frame-tubing is chosen based each individual’s weight and riding style for the best ride characteristics possible.
Standard features include:
- Rider chosen seat tube and top tube length, with frame geometry to suit your riding style.
- Brazed 1" threaded fork utilizing Kaisei Imperial fork blades and Grand Bois fork crown, with low-rider bosses and generator wire path.
- Optional accommodation for conectorless Schmidt SL generator hub.
- Bi-laminate construction, combining elements of fillet-brazing and lug work, for both beauty and design flexibility.
- Hand fitted racks, fillet-brazed and chrome plated, built to each individual bike with optional detachable low-rider pannier racks.
- Path in frame for a wired tail light.
- Internal top tube cable routing.
- Brazed on chain stay slap guard protector.
- Seat tube sized for 27.2mm seatpost.
- 130mm rear end spacing.
- Optional braze-on for seat tube mounted tail light and frame pump.
- Optional direct mount centerpull bosses for MAFAC or Dia-Compe brake sets.
- Show quality wet paint finish in a wide array of colors.
- Choice of wheels size: 650B x 42 max or 700 x 32 max, with clearance for fenders considered.
FALL 2013: FULL
Place Order by: November 2013
WINTER 2014: FULL
Place Order by: March 2014
SPRING 2014: OPEN
Place Order by: July 2014
SUMMER 2014: OPEN
Place Order by: November 2014
Ordering & Pricing:
Deposits of $1000 are taken until my capacity for each delivery window has been reached. Space is limited and complete builds are preferred. The cost of the Randonneur Project frameset, including paint and a chrome-plated MAP handlebar bag rack, is $3775.
To receive more detailed information about future MAP Randonneur Projects, sign up on my e-mail list below, call 503.285.0446 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.